Cardiology is the branch of medicine that studies and treats diseases of the heart and circulation (the cardiovascular system) and factors that may increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
They are broadly speaking conditions that affect the hearts blood supply (coronary artery disease), the heart valves and the heart rhythm.
Cardiology’s main aims are to diagnose these conditions and to implement treatments that reduce symptoms and improve quality of life. Cardiologists are also looking to provide treatments that may improve life expectancy.
Spencer Private Hospitals offers a range of diagnostic tests and treatments. Our cardiologists have built up many years of experience and expertise, enabling them to facilitate rapid and accurate diagnoses including:
- Chest pain, breathlessness and palpitations
- Heart rhythm management and permanent pacemaker implantation
- Heart failure
- Assessment for angina and heart attack risk
- Sports cardiology and screening for cardiac risk
- Review of medication and treatment strategy